By: Ray Hidalgo
The Queen of England can make her subjects wait as she deems fit…and as of late, so will Queensrÿche. In this case, however it appears that the decision to postpone some April tour dates in the UK wasn’t entirely up to the band itself. According to the group’s Facebook page, the metal rockers have to tie up some loose ends with their label, Century Media Records.
“We know some fans are upset that we had to postpone some of the April dates,” the band told its Facebook fans. “Queensrÿche never want to miss any chance to see and play for our fans around the world, but there are some things we have to do for our label in order to get the new record out to you in the time we promised.”
Wipe those teardrops from your eyes, though, because the new single, “Redemption,” which is the first track we’ve heard with Todd La Torre at the helm, since former frontman Geoff Tate was booted from the band last year.
Regarding North America, the band will appear in Regina, Sask., CA on April 6, but will resurface in Toledo, OH for Bike Week on May 31. For our European friends, although September may be somewhat far away, it will have plenty of tour dates and should be a good month to be a Queensryche fan; the band has made sure of that.
Queensrÿche 2013 Tour Dates:
- 04/11 - Stockholm, Sweden - Sweden Rock Cruise
- 04/14 - Mons, Belgium - Power Prog & Metal Festival at Lotto Mons Expo
- 10/12 - London, UK - O2 Academy
- 10/16 - Manchester, UK - The Ritz
- 10/17 - Nottingham, UK - Rock City
- 10/18 - Dublin, Ireland - The Academy Dublin
- 10/25 - Oulu, Finland - Club Teatria
- 10/26 - Bergheim, Germany - Bürgerhaus Quadrath-Ichendorf
- 10/27 - Ludwigsburg, Germany - Rockfabrik
- 10/29 - Aarburg, Switzerland - Moonwalker
- 10/30 - Munich, Germany - Theaterfabrik
- 11/1 - Eindhoven, NL - Effennar